Accounting Jobs in Houston by Providus, a national legal staffing company with offices in major markets across the country like Houston is seeking an Accounting Manager to supervise and coordinate activities of the following areas Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Commissions by performing the following duties:
Core responsibilities include:
· Supervise and oversee the daily operation of the AR/AP departments and report to the Corporate Director or Finance, and locally to the Senior VP/General Manager.
· Coordinate and drive month-end close within this Houston company deadlines.
· Assist with processing weekly and bi-weekly payrolls
· Manage office checking account; maintain check register and supporting documentation.
· Provides sales reports, commission calculations, and P&L review information to management in accurate and timely manner.
· Assist Houston Corporate office with the coordinating accounting records needed for annual audit and any other reporting as needed or directed.
· Monitors the effectiveness of department systems, policies and procedures. Assist in establishing and documenting department procedures and internal controls.
· Interview, hire and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work.
· BA/BS degree in Accounting
· 4-7 years’ experience in a Corporate Accounting Department
· 2-3 years of staff supervision
· Advanced Excel skills
· Extremely detail oriented and organized; strong analytical skills required.
· Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Advanced ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with flexibility.
· Detailed understanding of mid-level accounting information systems(Navision, Great Plains, MAS 90)
Interested candidates please submit your resume to jbrown@ProvidusGroup.com and reference Accounting Manager in Houston.
Providus provides attorneys and paralegals on a contract and permanent basis to law firms and corporate law departments, as well as e-discovery consulting services for large-scale document reviews. Located in major markets throughout the country, Providus provides staffing and document review services nationwide. Providus is a DTI Company.